Thursday, December 28, 2006

I am Moltmann-Finney




What an interesting topic for theological research! The continuity and discontinuity in Moltmann and Finney! That's "who I am" according to the "Which Theologian Are You?" quiz (see the link at left under "Time Travel Can Be Fun").

Just off the top of my head: both are insistent on the essentiality of "experience"; both are concerned with social justice; both place a high emphasis on pneumatology. Discontinuity? Finney is higher on transcendence of God while Moltmann emphasizes the immanence of God. Any other ideas?

Take the quiz and let me know who you are! I promise I won't base your grade on your theological predispositions!

2 comments:

m.d. mcmullin said...

I was mainly Barth with Anselm and Moltmann close behind.

I figured you would be a little more "evangelical". ;)

m.d. mcmullin said...

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by Anselm too. There was an ontological question on that quiz I found a bit vague. I'm suspecting my response to it, is what got me.

No worries.