Monday, March 17, 2008

Society for Pentecostal Studies 2008

Just returned from the meeting at Duke University. I always enjoy the joint meeting with the Wesleyan Theological Society. Corky and I drove to Durham on Wednesday evening and the rest is a blur! The program highlights, at least for me, were:
  • hearing Jurgen Moltman
  • a panel discussion on peacemaking with Stanley Hauerwas
  • Randy Maddox discussing Wesley's relationship with science
  • Terry Cross' presidential address
  • Corky's presentation
(These lists are not exhaustive.)

The event highlights, as always, were seeing old friends and colleagues, some of whom I don't see but once a year [Frank Macchia, Allan Anderson, Blaine, Charette, Jennie Evert Powers, Mel Robeck, David Reed, et al], making new friends [Terry LeBlanc], meeting scholars I haven't met before [again, Terry LeBlanc, Joel Halldorf, Bernie van der Walle].

The good and frightening (and humbling) news is that I was elected 2nd Vice President of the Society. This means that in 2010, when I am 1st Vice President I will plan the program which will be at North Central Bible College in Minneapolis and in 2011 I will be President, delivering the presidential address.

4 comments:

Fred said...

Kim, CONGRATULATIONS! It is an honor well deserved that you have been selected by your peers to this high posiion. You know... I just remarked to someone the other day... I don't see how Corky and Kim do all the things they do and keep these blogs so current. I mean it. I just don't have the stamina that you two show. God Bless you both for you Christian compassion for a lost world.

Glen O'Brien said...

Congratulations on your appointment.

Travelin' On said...

Kim,
Congratulations!
Wow! This is wonderful.
You have worked hard and achieved much! God bless.

Phil Hoover said...

Wayul, Dr Kim,


Remember that I knew you when.....