Sunday, April 8, 2007

Resurrection to Pentecost


In modernity, Christians felt compelled to "prove the Resurrection". These noble and valiant efforts have resulted in apologetics which build a "case" based on statistics, "reasonable conclusions", and evidences, but, ironically, neglecting (or refusing) the evidence which is undeniable "proof": Pentecost. This was Peter's message: it was the Resurrected Jesus who poured out the Holy Spirit that the observers saw and heard. And now, the gospel of the Resurrected Lord has gone around the world, by the power of the Holy Spirit. (The picture is by Malaysian artist Hanna Cheriyan Varghese)

Hallelujah! He is risen! He is risen, indeed!

1 comment:

Glen O'Brien said...

Hi Kimberley,

You visited my blog late last year. I was on sick leave at that time and said I'be be back in touch later. So here I am. I left a response to your comment on The Batcave, but in case you didn't read it, here it is again.

Good to hear from someone in Cleveland TN. I presented a paper there back in 96 during the joint meeting of the Wesleyan Thelogical Society and the Society for Pentecostal Studies. I also visited the Hal Dixon Pentecostal Research centre there in 2001 doing research for my PhD dissertation "North American Wesleyan-Holiness Churches in Australia," in which I have a chapter on the COG (Cleveland) in Australia (which I'm currently working into a journal article). So glad to be in touch with a colleague from that part of the Lord's Church...Glad you like the blog. I'll look forward to having a look around yours now.